Full Day Cultural Takua Pa Tour
- Location: Khao Lak, Thailand
- Duration: 7 hours (approx.)
Phuket is home to some of Thailand’s most famous beaches, but most visitors don’t get chance to experience real Thai culture. On this full-day tour of Takua Pa, you’ll visit a local market, make offerings to Buddhist monks, tour a Chinese temple, and taste traditional moon cakes. A typical Thai breakfast and lunch is included.
- Full-day cultural tour of Takua Pa from Phuket, Khao Lak
- Browse the stalls at the local market
- Meet the town’s Buddhist monks and visit a Chinese temple
- Sample delicious Thai food including a dim sum breakfast, homemade moon cakes, and a Thai set lunch
- Tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Your tour begins with an early morning pickup from your Khao Lak hotel in time for a 5.30am departure. After a short drive, arrive in the typical Thai village of Takua Pa, where your tour begins with a visit to the local market.
After tucking into a traditional dim sum breakfast, purchase some fresh foods to give as offerings to the town’s Buddhist monks, then head to the central square to watch the daily procession of monks.
Next, follow your guide on a walking tour of Takua Pa and experience everyday life as you explore the historic buildings, meet the locals, and stop at a local school to watch the children singing their morning hymns. Learn more about Thailand’s religious beliefs as you peek into a Buddhist and a Chinese temple, then visit a bakery to see how local specialty, moon cakes (cookies), are made. You will also get to taste other regional favorites such as fried banana and roti (sweet bread pastry).
After enjoying a delicious set lunch of traditional Thai cuisine, hear more about the tsunami that hit the island in 2004 and see some of the sites affected by the tragedy.
Back in Khao Lak, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel in the early afternoon.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Khao Lak area only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Dim sum breakfast
- Thai set lunch
- Food tasting (local snacks)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Purchases made to offer to monks (small amount approx 40-baht maximum)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child seats are on request only
- Bring A dress code is required to enter the temple: no dresses above the knee, no short pants or three-quarter pants, modest shirts, no see through garments, no sportswear, and no footwear are allowed inside the temple
- A German-speaking guide is available on request, subject to availability
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Collapsible wheelchair accessible – if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer and be able to step in and out of vehicle
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.